In new home building there is no more quintessential finish product than engineered clap boards for exterior siding. Resistant. Practical. Versatile lap siding is perfect for homeowners looking for easy maintenance. It offers all the proven durability of engineered material with the aesthetic beauty of uniform boards that are entirely free of knots. Lap siding can also be paired with a variety of shingles and trim for a truly custom look.
It looks like wood, but what is it really?
Whether you call it TruWood, SmartSide or HardiePlank this product is generally made of wood chips that are pressed tightly together with a resin. One example consists of thin wood strands that are coated with a resin binder and then tightly compressed and treated to protect against termites and rot. These boards are coated with a moisture-resistant overlay that is then embossed with a woodgrain pattern for an attractive and reliable board plank appearance.
We pride our craftsmanship on using Eco-Friendly products, and engineered wood siding falls into that category. The eco-friendly aspects come into play when you take into consideration that their use helps to reduce the need for naturally sourced forest products for building purposes. With the use of fiber and cement along with engineered wood these planks have little overall negative impact on the natural environment.
The Benefits of Engineered Wood Siding
According to many homeowners, the top reasons to choose engineered siding are that:
- Engineered wood siding cost is less than natural wood siding
- It looks more like natural wood siding than vinyl or aluminum siding
- It is more resistant to insects, mold, and mildew that natural wood siding
- It resists impact better than most siding materials including vinyl, aluminum and fiber cement siding, as independent tests indicate
- Engineered siding handles extreme heat and cold/thaw cycles without warping or deteriorating
- Most products are made from recycled wood and wood waste, so it is a green building material
- The material cuts like wood siding and installs without the need for special tools
- Transferable warranties up to 30 years give good peace of mind
Engineered wood siding is also easy-to-install alternative to solid wood siding. It is a popular choice for homeowners who prefer the look of wood siding to the mundane aesthetics of vinyl but want to keep their siding costs in check.
We can help with your new home build
If you can imagine it, we can build it for you. With more than three decades in the construction industry, Nelson Builders has the expertise to be your custom home builder in the Northern California Bay Area. Our homes come from quality that can only be constructed with the exceptional craftsmanship that our customers have come to appreciate. Our attention to excellence stems from the rich history of our company, a second-generation California custom home builder, and remains as one of our esteemed core values today.
Whatever plan you decide on, we work to ensure that you are completely satisfied in every regard including the selection of design details and finishes. We focus on clients individually to serve their needs at the highest level, so we can deliver our full commitment to the success of your project. Call us today at 707-955-6866 to get started.